Don’t you love it when you find something or someone that:
- inspires you
- makes your life easier
- takes your biz to the next level
Sometimes you consult ol’ friend Google and you find exactly what you need. But committing to something new takes trust. Most of the resources below I found through my online photography community. Nothing like word of mouth.
1. Showit – my website provider/host. What sets Showit apart is their incredible support system and private Facebook group. It’s a great place to ask questions, seek advice and meet other creatives. For a little more information on Showit websites, check out my recent blog post.
2. PASS – part of the Showit family, PASS is a digital delivery system, replacing DVD’s and USB’s. The beauty of PASS is the ease in which clients can share their pictures with family and friends. The galleries are simply gorgeous and all images are placed into safe cloud storage. Not only do I use PASS for my clients but to back up my own pictures and I have created my own gallery that serves as an extension to my portfolio.
3. Creative Live – based in Seattle, these guys stream free online workshops to the world. Mostly oriented at but not limited to photographers. Courses can be streamed as they happen but if you miss a class, you can purchase the downloads and watch it at your convenience. I have learnt so much from these workshops.
4. The Digital Picture – my gear bible. Every time I look to get a new lens or camera body, I consult this site. The reviews are detailed, visual and there are comparison tools to help you make a decision.
5. Colchester Camera Repair – this is where I send my equipment for cleaning and repairs. They are one of just three authorised Canon doctors in the UK and always do a great and thorough job.
6. Blog Stomp – if you are still doing side by side images and collages in Photoshop, – don’t! For a one off, affordable fee, download the Blogstomp app and create beautiful collages with a few clicks. You can find a bit more info here.
7. Promise Tangeman – the crazy cool genius behind my website. If you are a Showit subscriber and are looking for a custom website or style group, this is your girl. I adore her clean, quirky and colourful designs.
8. Hey, Sweet Pea – my branding gurus. Also logo, website, blog, biz card designers and social media overhaulers. The perfect package, basically.
9. Lyndsay Rush – this girl is raw talent. If you know what you wanna say but just not how, need a new biz name, tagline, positioning statement – basically anything that involves words – hiring Lyndsay will be one of the best business decisions you’ll ever make.
10. Evernote – lifesaver. The app that keeps you organised. Create notes, take pictures and screen shots. Update them wherever you have the app installed and it will sync to all your devices, how cool is that?
11. Moo – business cards don’t come prettier than that. And they do stickers too, huzaah!
12. VSCO – Lightroom presets for that rad, matt film look.
13. Tofurious – photographer, marketing strategist, ebook publisher. Brilliant resource for SEO and pricing.